We believe a birthday is one specific day per year when an individual should be recognized and acknowledged for his or her importance as a person and as a member of our community regardless of economic status.
To promote this recognition and self-worth, The Thoughts & Gifts Project:
- Provides a birthday gift(s) up to $30 per qualifying youth or senior citizen
- Provides a birthday card for a personal message from the parent/guardian and/or donor
- Promotes literacy by including an age-appropriate book for each recipient
- Hosts a monthly birthday party for all clients served during that month
- Complete an application
- Select free gifts, cards, and books
- Celebrate your loved one!
To be eligible, the recipient:
- must live in Polk County
- be 0-18 or 65+
- qualify for federal assistance, such as but not limited to SNAP, Medicaid, or free/reduced lunch (proof of need is not required).
For Youth: The primary parent or guardian must complete an application.
For Seniors: An application must be completed by the senior having a birthday or by referral, such as by a caretaker, neighbor, or relative (must be at least 18 years of age to complete the application).
Delivery: Items will be delivered for seniors who are homebound or in a care facility.
Apply: Monday-Friday between 10 AM and 5 PM at 427 Main Street E in Monmouth.
For more information or to apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-289-6358.